POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : You've Got Mail! : Re: You've Got Mail! Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You've Got Mail!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 30 Jan 2000 22:05:52
Message: <3894FC64.A070D444@istar.ca>
Mark Gordon wrote:

> Simon de Vet wrote:
>
> >  U.S. Sample grade: U.S. Sample grade shall be lentils which -
> >   (a) Do not meet the requirements for the grades U.S. Nos. 1, 2, or 3;
> > or
>
> So do you plan to upgrade your lentils after you have them a bit less
> boxy? :-)
>
> BTW, I'm quite fond of lentils, and I've seen quite a few in my day.
> These are the right color (though I have also seen orange lentils), but
> actual lentils are a bit more round - they're actually shaped like
> M&M's, but a bit thinner, smaller, and with a seam around the edge
> (they're dicots after all).

Aha!

The only image I saw of lentils was a tiny little ad in an online shopping
place.. not much of a reference. I may fix up the image, but I'll probably
leave it as is.

Sometimes I get an idea, and just work all evening on it. When this happens I
like to leave it as is, since it's really a spur of the moment kind of
thing...